When a 17 year old is murdered in her Alaskan hometown, the community wants answers. It would take years to get them. The wonders of DNA and its advancements are on full display in this case.
- 24 years after her death on a Sitka bike path, genetic evidence leads to Jessica Baggen’s killer
- Jessica Baggen death: DNA solves 1996 case of teen raped, murdered after birthday party
- Suspect in 1996 cold-case murder of Sitka girl killed himself last week in Arkansas, troopers say
- 23 years ago, Alaska tried the wrong man for the murder of a Sitka teenager. Now police say they’ve found the real killer. Why wasn’t he a suspect all along?
- 1996 Cold Case Solved: Jessica Baggen Killer Identified through DNA